Tuesday 19 April 2011

100,000 ....gosh that is a fair few.

So, I was over on my Flickr page and was looking at my stats on picture views.

I've had over 100,000 views across all my pics over the years. Then coincidentally, my blog, you know the thing you are reading now, has also had over a 100,000 views.

Now, I know only too well, that some of those didn't bother to stay around and take in the scenery, but it is still a fair few.

Strangers, complete unknown surfers who have happened upon my part of the interwebernet.

The one thing I do know for certain, is that a fair few of them have turned into customers. They often start off with,

 "Saw your pic and I would like something similar....."

Every day I get e-mails from people who have found me via some obscure, long since forgotten photo or blog post. Quite a few of those contacts then progress into clients.

so the whole point of this little blog article, is twofold. a) thank you one and all, who have been nosey enough to stop by and have a gawp. b) if you, like me, are an independant artist, don't underestimate the power of the web. Things as mundane as Flickr and Blogs.

If it weren't for the web, then I would not be working for myself. I wouldn't have my own little shop and get to drink lattes all day whilst I listen to my music. Instead I would be working for someone else.

What a horrible thought!

This is a recent commission. 9k white gold and set with a bunch of stones that came from the clients old battered rings.